The Driskill Hotel values your privacy. We want you to be confident in using this site to make your online reservations.
The Driskill has created this online privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this Web site: www.driskillhotel.com.
This site contains links to other sites. Driskillhotel.com is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Web sites. The Driskill uses Synxis for its reservations engine. The data collected in these areas is subject to the privacy statements found on www.synxis.com.
Our site uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. Within these forms, we collect visitor's contact information (like their email address). Contact information from the order form is used to send promotional material from us and selected partners to our customers. Customer contact information is also used to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
Our online surveys ask visitors for contact information (like their email address). We use contact data from our surveys to send the user promotional material from us and selected partners. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
We may run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information (like their email address). We use contact data from our contests to send users promotional material from us and selected partners. The customer's contact information is also used to contact the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to gather broad demographic information.
The Driskill Disclaimer
The Driskill does NOT offer vacation packages via telephone solicitation. The Driskill is not associated with any company making offers of this type, and accepts no responsibility or liability to those who may purchase vacations packages from telephone solicitors.
No permission is granted to use, or permit others to use, The Driskill icons, site address, trademarks and service marks, or other means to hyperlink other Internet sites with any page in the Driskill Web site, and The Driskill assumes no responsibility for any other party's site hyperlinked to www.driskillhotel.com or in which any part of the Driskill Web site has been hyperlinked.
You can contact us in one of three ways:
1. You can send email to email@example.com
2. You can send mail to the following postal address:
The Driskill Hotel
604 Brazos St. Austin, Texas 78701
3. You can call the following telephone number: 1.800.252.9367
THE DRISKILL HOTEL HALLOWEEN SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
T&C: This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to The Driskill Hotel and not to Facebook. By completing this form, you are agreeing to receive periodic email updates from The Driskill Hotel. By participating in this promotion, you agree to the Prize Terms & Official Rules.
Prize valid on one nights stay for two, a hotel tour, custom sweet treat turndown service on October 31, 2012, and a voucher for breakfast for two in the 1886 Café & Bakery. This prize is valued at approximately $500. The Winners can expect to receive an email notification that their entry has been chosen at random by October 25, 2012.
The Driskill Hotel Offical Sweepstakes Rules
1. TO ENTER: There is NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest, the person entering the Contest (an "Entrant") must be 18 years of age or older and enter online by 5pm on October 24, 2012 following the below instructions:
(a) Type www.facebook.com/driskillhotel in the address bar of your internet browser, which will take you to the Driskill Hotel Facebook page, like The Driskill Hotel and follow the on-screen instructions, enter the required information and submit the entry form ; Entrants who enter the Contest through this method (and only through this method) will be eligible in the sweepstakes.
The Driskill Hotel is not responsible for lost, late or misdirected form entries; computer malfunctions, including but not limited to any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission or communications line failure. Form entries that contain errors, are incomplete, corrupted or illegible will not be accepted. The Driskill Hotel reserves the right to disqualify entries from anyone tampering with the form entry process. Contest begins on October 1, 2012 and ends at 5pm on October 24, 2012.
2. WINNER SELECTION: Selection of winners will be made at random at The Driskill Hotel, 604 Brazos Street, Austin, Texas 78701 on October 25, 2012.
Winners will be notified no later than October 25, 2012. The odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. The winners will be notified by email. Prizes are non-transferable, non-negotiable and not redeemable for cash, credit or merchandise. If any prize becomes unavailable for any reason, The Driskill Hotel reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable value. Entrants agree that The Driskill Hotel has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this promotion and that a decision by The Driskill Hotel is final and binding.
Entering the sweepstakes constitutes permission to The Driskill Hotel to use the winner's names, voices, pictures, likenesses, and city and state of residences and any information provided on the entry form (with the exception of address and phone number) without further compensation (except where prohibited by law) in any medium of communication, including print, Internet, radio and/or television for any purpose, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, by The Driskill Hotel, and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and partners.
A potential winner may be requested to provide The Driskill Hotel with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. After claiming the prize, the winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release that must be returned within 14 days of attempted notification or an alternate winner may be chosen.
The Sweepstakes period runs from October 1, 2012 and ends on October 25, 2012. Sweepstakes prizes are as follows:
One nights stay for two on October 31, 2012, a hotel tour, custom sweet treat turndown service and breakfast for two in the 1886 Café & Bakery. This prize is valued at approximately $500. The Winners can expect to receive an email notification that their entry has been chosen at random by October 25, 2012.
4. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS. If the prize winner does not have the opportunity to go on the trip for any reason whatsoever, then no compensation or alternate prize will be awarded.
- Once the resort lodging reservations are made, the package is not transferable to different dates. No refunds or reimbursements of any kind or in any amount will be made except as specifically stated in these rules.
The Grand Prize winner's travel companions must be 18 years of age or older, or if any companion is a minor, the winner must be such minor's parent or legal guardian and each such companion (or such minor companion's parent or legal guardian).
5. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes are open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older. The Sweepstakes are void where prohibited by law or restricted. The Sweepstakes are not open to employees (or their immediate family members) of (a) The Driskill Hotel, (b).other participating partners in the promotion, or any of their respective parent, subsidiary or affiliated entities.
6. ENTRANTS CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL MARKETING: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants are agreeing to receive email offers from The Driskill Hotel, its subsidiaries and its affiliates, together offers from the entities that own or control the properties that any of them manage from time to time.
7. PRIVACY AND SHARING OF ENTRANT'S INFORMATION. All information submitted by Entrants will be subject to the privacy policies pertaining to data collection and guest information contained on the The Driskill Hotel website available at http://www.driskillhotel.com/privacy-policy.
8. DISCLAIMERS: None of The Driskill Hotel or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, participating destinations and partners are responsible for errors in printing or electronic presentation of the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes are not capable of running as planned on any website, including infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of any of the foregoing entities which corrupt and affect the administration, secrecy, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, The Driskill Hotel further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Sweepstakes. Entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility of any servers or elsewhere, will not be eligible. The Driskill Hotel in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the website. Use of "bots" or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of The Driskill Hotel. In the event of a dispute regarding on-line entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized holder of the email account submitted at the time of entry. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by the Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization that is responsible for arranging email address for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Rules are subject to any requirements/limitations imposed by the FCC. All Federal, State and local laws and regulations apply.
9. INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. Winner and travel companions, by acceptance of the prize, agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless The Driskill Hotel and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliate entities, and other participating partners in the promotion, and each of their employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers, from any and all liability, injuries (including without limitation emotional distress or death), loss, damage, costs or claims related to any allegation regarding the award of, the receipt of, or the use of their prize. The Driskill Hotel and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, participating destinations and other participating partners in the promotion, and each of their employees, officers, directors, representatives, contractors, sponsors and advertisers are not responsible for personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress or death) or property loss or damage of any prize winner or travel companion incurred in connection with the use of any prize. Winner assumes all applicable tax liability for his or her prize.
By participating in this sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by these official rules. The Driskill Hotel is not responsible for injury or damage to any computer, other equipment, or person relating to or resulting from participation in the sweepstakes. Entrants release The Driskill Hotel, its agencies, and assigns from any liability, damage and/or loss resulting from participating in this sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for The Driskill Hotel to publish, post online, or otherwise refer to the name of the winner in any and all forms and media throughout the world, and for any and all publicity or promotional purposes, without obligation or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
The Driskill Hotel
604 Brazos Street
Austin, Texas 78701
What personal information may be collected through this Promotion
In order to administer this Promotion, we request and collect personal information from you when you enter the Promotion, such as your name, age, address, and email address.
How we may use your information
We will use your information to process your entry in the Promotion, and to notify you if you are a winner. We may also use your personal information for internal record keeping and to administer the Promotion.
In addition, you will have the right to "opt in" to certain of our uses of your personal information. For example, when you enter the Promotion, you will have the opportunity to choose, by checking the appropriate box, whether you want to receive promotional emails from us. We will only communicate with you in this way if you consent by opting in.
If you opt in, you may later opt out of receiving our promotional e-mails by clicking on an opt-out or "unsubscribe" link within the promotional e-mail you receive. Please understand that if you opt out of all future promotional emails, we may still contact you in connection with the Promotion.
We may use third parties, to help operate and administer the Promotion and deliver prizes, and we may share your information with them to use on our behalf on an as-needed basis for such non-marketing purposes. We will not share your information with any third parties for marketing purposes.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we, including any co-sponsor of the Promotion, may use your name, age or city, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes, including posting on relevant pages on Facebook without further notice or compensation, as set forth in the Official Rules.
We may disclose user information to government authorities and to third parties if required by law (including police investigation) or if we have reason to believe that someone is injuring or interfering with us, the Promotion, other users or third parties, or is violating the Official Rules.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
Effective Date: October 1, 2012