Accommodations & Amenities
When traveling to Austin, don’t worry about boarding your pet or looking for a sitter. Recognized as the nation's most pet-friendly hotel, The Legendary Driskill welcomes you and your four-legged best friends to experience true Texas hospitality.
We pamper Fido and Filene, from arrival to departure. The Driskill's Pampered Pet Program includes:
- Custom Driskill Pet Bed
- Designer Dishes and Mat
- Bottled Spring Water
- Gourmet Pet Treats from 1886 Café & Bakery
- Souvenir Pet Toy
- Supply of Driskill Doggie Business Bags
- Map of Austin with designated pet-friendly areas
Read more about our Cesar Five Dog Bone Award.
We encourage guests to be respectful of the environment by scooping your pet’s waste. We provide you with bags, made from recycled plastic and have poop scoops available for use.
Please note the following pet policy. Upon checking in, we require signed pet agreement. print agreement
- $100 non-refundable fee, per pet, is charged for all pet guests.
- Two pet limit per guestroom.
- Well socialized, domesticated dogs (non-aggressive breeds) and cats only.
- The maximum weight allowed is 50 pounds, per pet.
- At the time of check-in, please provide verification of bordetella and rabies vaccinations within the past 12 months.
- Pets must be free of ticks and fleas.
- Prior to arrival, we request your pet’s name, weight and breed for identification purposes.
- Pets may not be left alone in the guestroom at any time. Please contact our Concierge (512-391-7013) in advance if you need assistance in scheduling pet sitting services.
- Please prevent your pet from barking or otherwise disturbing guests. In the event The Driskill Hotel incurs any loss of business or compensation is required for another guest due to noise complaints, those charges will be billed accordingly to your account.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times while in the hotel public areas; likewise, cats must be constrained at all times.
- Please clean up after your pet. Complimentary waste bags will be provided for you. Please contact Guest Reception (512-391-7000) should you need additional bags.
- A pet map of downtown Austin will be provided for you. Please note the nearest park locations for your pet walking needs.
- Pets are not permitted in the hotel restaurants or other public areas, with the exception of arrival and departure through the main lobby.
- Pets are not permitted on the bed coverings or other furniture. If additional cleaning is required for bedding, carpeting or furniture, or if any damages are incurred due to your pet, all related charges will be billed accordingly to your account.